Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
|GSmartControl is a tool for querying and controlling SMART (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) data on modern hard disk and solid-state drives. It allows you to inspect the drive’s SMART data to determine its health, as well as run various tests on it.
- automatically reports and highlights any anomalies;
- allows enabling/disabling SMART;
- allows enabling/disabling Automatic Offline Data Collection – a short self-check that the drive will perform automatically every four hours with no impact on performance;
- supports configuration of global and per-drive options for smartctl;
- performs SMART self-tests;
- displays drive identity information, capabilities, attributes, and self-test/error logs;
- can read in smartctl output from a saved file, interpreting it as a read-only virtual device;
- works on most smartctl-supported operating systems;
- has extensive help information.