Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
|WinMD5Free is a tiny and fast utility to compute MD5 hash value for files.Features:
- Supports almost all Windows platforms including Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, Me, XP, 2003, Vista and Windows 7.
- Fast and multi-threaded. It can compute a 2 GB file less than 1 minute.
- Supports big files larger than 4 GB.
- Low resource usage. It uses less than 5 MB RAM.
- Don’t require.NET runtime installed. It is a standalone EXE file and the startup is speedy. There are MD5 tools for Windows on the market, but most of them requires.NET runtime and they may take a few seconds to start. This is also the reason I wrote the program.
- Supports “Drag & Drop”. You may either select a file, or drag and drop a file to the program window to get the MD5 hash value.
- Supports verification of original MD5 value and current MD5 value.
- Most important, it is FREE. No spyware or adware bundle.
- Small size, an effective and tiny tool for data security.