Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
|Do you dread having to retype that document you are holding in your hand? If only you had the electronic file, your life would be so much easier. With SimpleOCR, you could easily and accurately convert that paper document into editable electronic text for use in any application including Word and WordPerfect.Not only is SimpleOCR up to 99% accurate, it is 100% free.
- Huge Dictionary – With more than 120,000 words, it is unlikely that SimpleOCR will run into a word it does not know. In the rare event that it does, our improved text editor allows you to easily add the new word to the dictionary. By adding new words to the dictionary, SimpleOCR becomes better with every use.
- Despeckle – For those documents which are not particularly clear (i.e. faxes, copies of copies,…), SimpleOCR provides a despeckle or “noisy document” option which increases SimpleOCR’s accuracy.
- Format Retention – SimpleOCR can keep certain elements of the document’s format in the recognized document. From varying font sizes to font formatting elements such as underline, italic, and bold, SimpleOCR recognizes it all. For certain documents, it retains the original document’s format with up to 99% accuracy.
- Image Retention – Along with the document’s text, SimpleOCR has the uncanny ability to capture and retain pictures from the document. This is a great feature which reduces the need to import images from a document by other means.
- Plain Text Extraction – Just need the plain text from the original document? No problem. SimpleOCR can be set to recognize the characters and words but ignore the formatting. The resulting file is ready for your word processor or your HTML/web editor and your own custom formatting.
- Simplified Error Correction – Our text editor highlights suspected errors in the recognized text for easier correction. This simplifies the otherwise time-consuming task of proof reading the recognized text for errors. But because SimpleOCR has up to 99% accuracy, you may never need this feature.
- Batch OCR – Do you have several documents to OCR? Just point SimpleOCR to them and it will OCR them from start to finish without delay.
- Zone OCR – Sometimes all you may need is to extract the text from a certain area in a document. Maybe one column. Maybe a footnote. Maybe just one paragraph. Unlike other OCR applications, SimpleOCR can limits its OCR ability to a user defined area. There is no need to OCR an entire document only to use a small portion of it. With SimpleOCR, OCR only what you need.
- Input Formats – SimpleOCR works with all fully compliant TWAIN scanners and also accepts input from TIFF files. Output Formats – SimpleOCR can save the documents it acquires in text formats (TXT and RTF) importable into most every program such as Word, WordPerfect, HTML editors, and e-mail programs, either fully formatted or as plain text. Additionally, it can save scanned documents in the industry standard TIFF format, a format as widely accepted as PDF files.
- Multiple Language Recognition – SimpleOCR currently supports English and French recognition. We are in the process of adding recognition for additional languages.