Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
|Bitser is free windows software for managing archives and backups similar to WinZip, 7-zip and WinRAR but with an alternate user interface. Bitser’s interface is built around the file system with explorer style views, and features similar to those found in backup applications. All underlying archiving functions are performed using the open source 7-zip compression software and therefore all major archiving formats are supported. Bitser also provides a password manager and MD5/SHA checksum calculator to verify file identity.Features:
- Extracts: ZIP,ZIPX,7Z,RAR, RAR5,ISO,VHD,MSI, GZIP, BZIP2,TAR,CPIO, XZ,DEB,DMG,LZH,LZMA, LZMA2,PPMd,RPM,Z…
- Creates: ZIP, 7-ZIP, EXE (SFX – create self-extracting and split archives)
- Create or extract multiple zip files simultaneously from windows explorer.
- Scans files for viruses & malware using over 50 anti-virus scanners simultaneously via VirusTotal’s online scanner.
- Context Menu (right click shortcut menu) access to archives from windows explorer.
- Drag-and-drop support for adding and updating archives from built in file explorer.
- Convert archives between formats (full or partial conversion from any format to zip,7-zip or exe).
- Create compressed backups of your data using checkboxes in windows explorer to select multiple files and folders.
- AES-256 bit encryption for secure backup of confidential data.
- Supports multithreading on multiprocessor or multi-core systems
- Reports showing history of archived files, parameters used and comparison of compression ratios, speeds, and sizes.
- Explorer style views of archives with source and destination folders accessible from a single window.
- MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-256 checksum calculator for windows file verification (also included in context menu).
- Password Manager to store multiple passwords in a single AES encrypted file.
- Find and delete empty folders and sub-folders from windows explorer context menu.
- Calculate folder sizes of multiple selected folders from windows explore context menu.
- Direct extraction of data to destination drives without using temporary system folders
- Windows MSI installer that does not include any adware or bundled software from other vendors.
- Bitser is completely free software